Franchising your company is complex. There are statutes and regulations that must be followed. At Bundy & Fichter PLLC, founder Howard Bundy brings more than 30 years of experience in franchise law. In addition to representing franchisors and franchisees, he has been involved in the legislative and regulatory processes. He understands — and makes sure — that you comply with all regulatory procedures. He is able to train you and your staff to get the job done right.
What Is Required?
The Federal Trade Commission requires presale disclosure in all states. In addition, several states require registration of the franchise before you can offer or sell. A number of other states require notice filings. At Bundy & Fichter PLLC, we will guide you through the disclosure and registration process, including informing you about:
- The franchise disclosure document — What needs to be disclosed?
- The limits on advertising
- Marketing your franchise on your website and elsewhere
- When you can start talking to people about your plans to sell a franchise
- How long it will take before you can start selling franchises
If you are in the process of franchising your company, it is important that you keep adequate records and maintain a detailed journal listing all prospective franchisees. We will help you develop the tools you need for franchise compliance.