You invested in a franchise and now you are having problems with your franchisor. Unfortunately, not every franchise relationship turns out to be a happy one. At Bundy & Fichter PLLC, we represent franchisees against franchisors in a number of disputes, including:
- Territory encroachment: The franchisor gave the same territory to two different franchisees or puts another franchisee or a company store nearby that takes away a lot of your business.
- Fraud in the inducement: The franchisor misrepresented or omitted important information to induce you to buy the franchise.
- Illegal earnings claims: The franchisor claimed you were going to earn more money than their record would justify or gave you partial information that was deceptive.
- Wrongful termination of the franchisee: The franchisor terminated your franchise without giving the required notice or a reasonable time to fix any problems.
- Renewal denial: The franchisor refuses to renew the your contract after the original term in violation of the law.
Franchise agreements usually have arbitration clauses, which means disputes are resolved through the arbitration process. Bundy & Fichter PLLC handles the dispute resolution process, whether it involves negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation. The firm’s unique experience in representing both franchisors and franchisees gives them an edge in knowing how franchisors view the franchise relationship.